Monday, October 9, 2023

 Defining Myself 

   I’ve considered this question many times.  How do I define myself; who am I?  I suppose there could be many answers to the question but there’s only one that really matters.

   I could say that I am widowed, yet still madly in love with my wife.  In my heart I am still married and simply waiting to be reunited with her when my life on this earth is over.  I am a man, a father, a brother, an uncle, and a grandfather.  I am a retired Navy Master Chief Petty Officer.  But I’m not sure any of these are important for eternal life.

   Over the years I’ve lived, at least for some time, in nine states and two foreign countries and have visited many others.  I’ve tried, though I’m sure I’ve failed many times, to do the best I could in all that I’ve done.  Yet none of this matters in the world to come.

   Who am I?  The right answer, the only answer that really matters, is I am a child of God.  My life is His, He gave it and in His own time, He will take it.  All I am and all I will ever be was written in His book before time began.

   My hope, my salvation, can only come from God.  He sent His son to pay the price for my sins, opening the doors to heaven if I choose to follow Him.  I have chosen to follow.  I will, to the best of my ability, follow His will, seeking His mercy and forgiveness when I fail.

   So, who am I?  I am a child of God.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment