Monday, October 16, 2023

 The Language of God 

   “Silence is the language of God.  All else is a poor translation.” (Rumi) 

   There are plenty of people who are always ready to tell you what God says, but there’s a fundamental problem with that.  If all these people, including the leaders of our churches, know what He is saying why do so many disagree with each other?

   God does not lie; He does not tell one person one thing and another something else.  Scripture is the inspired word of God, how can it be so terribly misinterpreted and misunderstood by those who should know better?  Either they are not listening, or they are listening to someone other than God.

   How am I, a simple man, to know what God says when theologians and our spiritual leaders seem so confused and in conflict with each other?  I must shut out the exterior and go inside myself.  I must seek silence and solitude; I must spend time alone with my Lord.  That is where I will find God and that is where He will speak to me.

   God speaks to the heart, too many listen with their biases and opinions.  Our Lord speaks of eternal truths, not the whims of a fallen society.  The languages of the world are full of hatred, and prejudice; the silent language of God is one of love and forgiveness.  I choose to listen to the silent voice of God speaking to my heart.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment