Tuesday, October 24, 2023

 The Time Will Come 

   At some point my life on this earth will come to an end.  I don’t know how it will occur and I don’t know when, but it is certain to come.  It will come on a day that was determined even before I was born, a day known only to God.  So, the question is, what am I doing about it?

   Death doesn’t scare me or cause anxiety within me.  It’s coming and there is nothing that can change that fact, so, it makes no sense to fret and worry over it.  I see death as a door between this life and the next, a path that I must walk.  What’s important, however, is being ready for it; not to be taken by surprise at what I know must come.

   But how do I prepare for the end of this life?  I must place all my trust in God and have absolute confidence in Him, knowing that He wants only what is best for me.  I must turn from the selfishness and wickedness of a world whose entire focus is solely on self, and instead focus on the love of God.  I must give myself entirely to Him.

   Today, tomorrow, next week, twenty years from now.  I don’t know when it will come, and it really doesn’t matter if I live my life in preparation for it.  I must run the good race all the way to the end, trusting in the love and mercy of my Lord.  Jesus said “Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. – Whoever conquers will not be harmed by the second death).” (Rev 2: 10, 11). 

No comments:

Post a Comment