Wednesday, October 25, 2023

 Random Thoughts 

   Sometimes my mind goes into what I would call random mode.  Things just pop in and pop out of my mind for no apparent reason.  It can be frustrating but at the same time enlightening.  What do these unrelated, sometimes confused thoughts mean?  I don’t always know but sometimes it seems as if it is a way that God speaks to me.

   As an example, sometimes out of nowhere comes the question, “Why does God love me?”  There is nothing I have done or could ever do to make me worthy of the love of the Almighty God.  But, even in my weakness and imperfection He loves me.

   Along those same lines, why does He offer me forgiveness for my sins and a pathway to heaven?  Surely the sins I have committed warrant hell, but instead He sent His only Son to die for me so that I might have forgiveness and redemption.   He doesn’t want me in hell, He wants me with Him in His kingdom.  His forgiveness and mercy know no bounds.

   Why is there so much sin and evil in the world?  This one is perplexing to me.  In a world created by an all-loving God how did we become a world where evil sometimes appears to be winning?  Shouldn’t we be appreciative of all God has given us?  Shouldn’t we be trying to do all we can to live in harmony with one another?  Of course!  So, why don’t we?

   If God’s love is all-encompassing, where does suffering and pain come from?  This one I think drives a lot of people away from God; they simply can’t accept a God who would allow these things.  And yet, our Lord willingly accepted pain and suffering for us when He died on the cross for our sins.  If the Son of God endured pain and sorrow for me, why shouldn’t I endure some for Him?

   Maybe God poses these random thoughts and questions in my mind so that I will spend more time striving to know Him and love Him better.  If so, it works.  The time I spend considering why God does what He does brings me closer to Him, even when I have no clue what the answers may be.  It’s a faith thing, you see.  I trust Him even when I don’t understand, never doubting the truth and love He has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment