Sunday, October 15, 2023

 Trust in the Lord 

   I am at the edge of a great river, the river of life.  I can barely make out the other shore; it’s so far away and seems wrapped in a cloud, all that is there is unknown.  Yet I know that is where I belong, that is the kingdom of God.

   In this river are all the trials and tribulations of this life.  In these waters there is lust, hatred, pride, and every evil sin the world would press upon me.  The current is strong and could carry me far from where I wish to go.  I want to cross to the other side, I want to go the paradise God has prepared for those who believe and love Him.  But I’m scared, unsure of whether I have the strength to make the crossing.

   A voice inside me says, “You can safely cross this river, but only if you place your trust in Me and have faith in My love for you.  No matter the challenges I will help you overcome them.  I’m calling you to my kingdom, will you come?.”

   I place myself in the hands of the Lord and enter the dark waters. With His help I can make it to the other side; I can enter His kingdom.  With God, all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment