Thursday, October 26, 2023

 In the Hands of God 

   “Be at peace; what God has started, He will finish.” (St. Faustina) 

   There are many things in this world that make it hard to find peace of mind and, more importantly, peace of soul.  At times it’s difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but never doubt that it is there and shining brightly.

   It’s of no use for me to be overly concerned with the world situation.  There is nothing that I can do to change it or even improve it.  To allow myself to become despondent and in despair makes no sense.

   This doesn’t mean that I am not aware that the world is in terrible shape; sin and wickedness is everywhere I look.  I wish it were different and if there were something I could do to change it, I would.  But only God can do that.

   In my own life I’ve done things I wish could be undone, but that isn’t possible.  To obsess over them, continually full of regret would be a waste of my life.  I can only strive to do better going forward and pray for God’s help, trusting always in His mercy and love.

   I’ve known pain and sorrow in the past and I have no doubt that I will again in the future.  Life will always have some pain and sorrow along with the joys and happiness.  I often consider that the hard times help me better appreciate the good times, and the good times help me accept and survive the hard times.

   There is One who can change everything and has changed me in so many ways.  He created this world, and all is in His hands.  The peace I know, the reason the world doesn’t drive me to distraction, is the fact that He is God, and in the end good wins out over evil.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment