Friday, June 7, 2024

Changes in Attitude 

   “And it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me.  The life I live now in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself up for me.” (Gal 2: 20) 

   When we accept Christ into our life it changes us.  Becoming a Christian makes us new persons, sons, and daughters of God through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.  If we deny these changes we deny Christ and have not fully given our lives to Him.

   C. S. Lewis wrote that becoming a Christian is something that will take the whole of  you, brains, and all.  It may take time for the transition to fully occur, but it will happen if you are true to your faith.  Faith is a new way of life, one that will affect every aspect of your existence.

   For many years I was what I would call a nominal Christian.  I went to Mass and practiced my faith, but it was not always the dominating force in my life.  Life intruded into faith rather than faith changing my life.  Working, raising a family, all the minutia of daily life took from my devotion to my faith.

   As I’ve grown older I come to understand that faith must be the primary focus of my life.  When it is I know a love that fills me with joy and hope regardless of what may be occurring in my life.  Good days and bad days come and go, but nothing takes the peace of Christ from me.  As soon as I realize something in my life is imposing on that peace I simply put it in God’s hands and let it go.  I guard the peace Christ has given me with my whole heart.

   Attitudes must change, hopes and dreams must change, my entire life must change when my reason for living is to serve my Lord and accept His will in all things.  When I surrender myself entirely to Him even the worst times cannot steal the peace within me.

   Christ said, “I leave you peace, my peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give it to you.  Do not let your hearts be troubled; be not afraid." (John 14: 27).  When I live for Christ there is nothing the world can do to take the peace He has given me.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment