Friday, January 25, 2019


Die to the Past

   “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Gal 2: 20)

   Paul was the greatest of persecutors of the new Christian faith.  A Pharisee by training and education he was a staunch supporter of the law and saw Christians as heretics worthy of punishment, imprisonment and death.

   Paul was also one of the greatest of Christ’s disciples, spreading the good news far and wide.  Once converted on the road to Damascus he died to himself and began to live for Jesus.  He received lashings, beatings, and was stoned.  He was shipwrecked three times in his travels to preach the good news.  He gladly suffered all for Christ.  He died to his past.

   As Christians we too are to die to our past and live for Christ.  Paul had committed great sins in his treatment of the early Christians.  We all have things in our past that we are ashamed of.  We cannot allow ourselves to dwell on those sins.  We must give thanks to God for His mercy and forgiveness.  Then we have to move on to a new life in Christ just as Paul did.

Let go of the past and live for the future.  Let Christ be the life within us and let us serve Him in all we do.  We must give ourselves to Him as He gave Himself for us.

Lord, I thank You for Your Love and Mercy.
Help me die to my past and live for You.
You gave Yourself for me.
Let me live for you.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment