Friday, January 4, 2019


The Incredible Word of God

   “I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up, and have not let my foes rejoice over me.  O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me.” (Psalm 30: 1 – 2)

It always amazes me how scripture speaks to me in so many ways.  A passage I’ve read many times will suddenly have a different message for me.  Maybe it’s because of a difference in where I am spiritually at the time or perhaps God simply wants me to see a deeper meaning in His word.

   The passage above is from Psalm 30, a psalm of thanksgiving.  As I read it this morning I became more aware of how thankful I am for God’s many blessings in my life.

   He has not let my foes rejoice over me.  In King David’s day, when the psalm was written, there were many foes of the Israelites.  Today in my life the foe I seek God’s protection from is Satan.  There may be others who can harm me or even take my life but only Satan can take my soul.  When I am tempted and can’t overcome him, God strengthens me to resist.  If I succumb to the enemy’s temptations, even then God forgives me and strengthens me for the next battle with the evil one.

   I have cried to Him for help many times in my life.  I have felt His presence in times of happiness and joy.  He's there in times of worry and trouble.  When I pray I know He listens and cares for me.  Though I may not get the answer I am seeking in my prayer I accept and am thankful that God knows what is best for me and will never grant something that would harm me.

   Scripture is an amazing thing and brings us the many messages of God.  Today I found new meaning in Psalm 30.  I love it when that happens.

Father Your word is ever-lasting.
Your Word speaks to me in so many ways.
May I always look to Your word for guidance.
Today and forever.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment