Thursday, January 17, 2019


Send Me

   “And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?”  (Is 6: 8)

   The Lord calls all of us.  He has a plan for us.  He calls us to that plan.  Whether we respond or not is up to us.  He will not force us or coerce us into doing His will; the choice is ours.

   He called Abraham to leave his home and brethren and go to a far land.  Abraham went and was blessed by the Lord for His willingness to follow.  Moses was called to free the Israelites from slavery in Egypt.  He led them through the Red Sea on dry land and took them to the promised land.  Paul was called on the road to Damascus.  The great persecutor of the followers of Jesus became one of His greatest disciples, spreading the word far and wide.

   He calls us today.  Very few are called to the greatness of St. Paul, Moses or Abraham, but we are called.  Perhaps to help in some way at Mass.  Maybe to visit those in the hospital; to care for the elderly and infirm.  St. Teresa of Calcutta said, “Not all of us can do great things.  But we can do small things with great love.”

   God may never call us to greatness, but He calls us to be His face, His voice, His hands and feet.  He calls us to care for His children and to make us great in His kingdom.

Father, I want to answer your call.
Great or small, I want to do Your will.
Give me your call.
Give me the faith and strength to answer “Yes Lord”.

Amen

   “Then I said, ‘Here am I!  Send me.”  (Isaiah 6: 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment