Thursday, January 3, 2019


Knowing

   If I study hard for years and learn all that I can possibly learn of God but don’t know Him in my heart I have failed.  If I can quote scripture, chapter and verse, but my life is unaffected by God’s word it does me no good.  I can read of the life of Christ and study His word but if He is not in my heart I remain lost.

   The intellectual knowledge of God is of great value but only if it is internalized and becomes the driving force of my life.  If the knowledge gained it is not used to better my relationship with the Father it is of very little value.

   Jesus came not to be studied but to save.  His life was full of great lessons that are needed for salvation but just knowing them won’t bring salvation if they are not practiced as well.  The knowledge must be evident in daily life; in the way others are treated; the way Jesus is reflected in action, not just in word.

   The Holy Spirit speaks to the heart, not just the head.  To study the Spirit’s influence throughout history is a worthy undertaking.  More important is the influence of the Holy Spirit in one’s own life.

   Study, learn and understand; these are good.  Better still is the indwelling of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit within us.

Lord, help me to know You, not just know about you.
May You be my guide in all I do in life.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment