Sunday, January 20, 2019


Take Action

   “Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.” (Matt 7: 21)

   Jesus spent His life doing the will of the Father.  He spoke of doing the Father’s will as food, “My food is to do the will of him who sent me, and to accomplish his work. (John 4: 34).  Throughout His life and ministry He acted on the words and the will of the Father.

   We must strive to emulate His example.  We needn’t be concerned with the opinions of the world or even the opinion of others about ourselves.  We should care only that we are following the will of God in our life.  The world can’t offer salvation, just slavery to sin.  Only Jesus offers the chance for eternal happiness.

   If we wish to follow Christ’s example in following our Lord we must “walk the walk”.  Far too many talk a good game but never take action; they would prefer to sit on the sidelines and let others do the heavy lifting.  Christianity is a participatory activity.  We can’t get to heaven by just talking about God; words alone won’t get us there.  Only by acting can we win the race and spend eternity in the divine presence.  Doing the will of the Father must become food for us as it was for Jesus.  It must be the sustenance that saves our eternal soul.

Father, help me to put words aside and act.
I offer You my will; make it Yours.
Guide me on the path You have chosen.
Lead me home to You.

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment