Friday, January 11, 2019


Reliable Testimony

   The testimony of a reliable witness is of great value.  In a court of law there may be many forms of evidence, but the testimony of a reliable eye witness is probably the most convincing.

   The testimony that proves Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah comes from overwhelmingly reliable sources.  The apostles testified to His identity as the Messiah.  John the Baptist proclaimed Him as the Lamb of God.  The martyrs who have given their lives testify to His glory.

   At His Baptism, the Holy Spirit descended in the form of a dove and came to rest upon Him.  The Father spoke, saying “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” (Matt 3: 17).  Again, when Jesus took Peter, James and John up the mountain and was transfigured before them, God said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to Him.” (Matt 17: 5).  Even if we were to discount the testimony of humans surely the testimony of the Holy Spirit and God the Father must be believed.

   As a Christian it is my obligation to testify to the fact that Jesus is the Son of God, the Messiah come to save me from my sins.  I am called to live in such a manner that my very existence is testimony to His Kingship as the Son of God; the savior of the world.

Jesus, You are the Messiah sent to heal the world.
I want to live my life as testimony to this fact.
I seek to serve you in all I do.
I ask the Holy Spirit to strengthen me in these efforts.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment