Tuesday, January 15, 2019

From Where We Came

   Each of us have a history.  For some it is filled with praise for God and faithfulness.  For others it is one of sin and degradation; a rejection of God and His ways.  Sadly, my history is one of those filled with sin.  How I wish I had found God earlier in life.  I regret the years spent apart from Him.

   Though I may have been away from Him, God was never away from me.  I didn’t recognize it and refused to accept it for far too long but that doesn’t change the fact that He was there all the time.  He was calling me, whispering to me, urging me to come to Him; it was me who refused His love for me.

   I am blessed that it doesn’t matter to God from where I came, only where I am going.  His concern isn’t for the past but for the present and future.  I regret the mistakes and sins of my early life; I wish they could be relived and changed.  I am so very grateful to Him for continuing to call me and love me.  I thank Him for His patience while I refused to accept Him.  I give Him all praise and glory for changing my life.

   The past is gone, this moment is all I have.  I give it and every moment of the rest of my life to God.  Where I came from still troubles me at times but where I am going gives me great joy.

Lord, you chose the tax collector as Your apostle.
You forgave and accepted the sinner.
You turned no one who sought You away.
In Your mercy You have accepted me as well.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment