Sunday, February 17, 2019

A Personal Heaven

   “To him who conquers I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, with a new name written on the stone which no one knows except him who receives it.” (Rev 2: 17)

   We talk of heaven, what we expect and want it to be.  Of course we know virtually nothing of heaven in this life.  We hope for and expect joy and happiness.  But I believe heavenly joy and happiness will be totally different than any we may know in this fallen world.

   My thought of heaven is an experience just as unique as I am; one intended just for me.  I believe yours will be a bit different, tailored specifically for you based on what God knows will bring you the most joy and happiness.  Joy and happiness such as we have never known before.

   We are unique individuals.  God formed us and gave each of us an eternal soul.  A soul that can only be filled by God, perhaps differently for each of us.  We can’t fill our soul without God’s help.  If we allow, He will fill it with the blessings that He has in store for each of us.  Blessings that I believe may be as individual as we are.  I think it is our responsibility to simply step back and let God do what He desires; let Him fill us with every blessing He has planned for each of us.

   Will heaven be the same for each of us?  I don’t know, but I truly believe that each of us will have a bit different experience in heaven.  We, as the conquerors of this world, will be given the white stone with a name known only to us and God.

“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him.” (1 Cor 2: 9)

Lord, I know nothing of heaven.
But I trust in the promise of eternal happiness.
Lead me to the blessed place You have prepared for me.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment