Sunday, February 3, 2019


Bold Faith

   “And they rose up and put him out of the city, and led him to the brow of a hill on which their city was built, that they might throw him down headlong  But passing through the midst of them he went away.” (Luke 4: 29 – 30)

The people were outraged that this local boy, the son of Mary, a mere carpenter, could claim that Isaiah's Messianic prophecy pertained to Him.  Worse yet, he called them out for the mistreatment of the prophets who came before.  He so angered them that they wanted to not just run Him out of town but also to kill Him by throwing Him over a cliff.  

  Jesus spoke with confidence, power and total faith in the Father.  He never minced words; he never soft-pedaled faith or the demands of faith.  He said and did those things necessary to establish the kingdom of God on earth.  He was crucified by those who wanted to shut Him up and maintain the status quo for their own benefit rather than accept God’s way.

   There have been many others who have had such faith since the days of Jesus.  The apostle’s, the martyrs, those who have suffered and given their life rather than betray their faith.  This is the faith I want; the faith to say what needs to be said and do what needs to be done, regardless of the cost.

   I’m not sure that I have that faith, I’ve not been put to the test to prove or disprove it.  I pray that if I am ever called upon to take such a stand that the Holy Spirit will fill me with strength and courage as He has those who have been tested before me.  This life may be difficult, there will be crosses to bear, but this earthly path is the path I must walk on my way to eternal life.  I pray for the strength to stay on the path to God regardless the cost.

Lord, this world is not my home.
My life is a journey to my eternal home with You.
I ask for the strength to follow your path.
The path that will lead me to my true home.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment