Friday, February 15, 2019


Send Me

   “And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?’  Then I said, ‘Here am I!  Send me.’” (Is 6: 8)

   Isaiah offered himself as God’s spoke-person.  He accepted the calling of the Lord.  God has known each of us from the beginning of time.  We were created for a purpose.  We are not just flesh and blood, we are exactly what God intended us to be before the world began.  We are spirit as well and our spirit seeks the Lord. 

   When I consider that God has a mission for me in this world I am both pleased and afraid.  Pleased because I know my God loves me and wants me to do good in His name.  I am afraid because I also know how imperfect I am.  The words of the tax collector in the temple come to mind, “God, be merciful to me a sinner!”  (Luke 18: 13).  Like the tax collector I must recognize my sinfulness and plead for God’s mercy.  I can’t answer His call unless I realize that I am not worthy. I need His mercy and forgiveness.

   “See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.” (1 John 3: 1).  I am a child of God because of God’s love and mercy.  I am not and could never be worthy of this blessing, but it is mine because He loves me.  As His child I must answer when He calls.  Like Isaiah I must respond, “Here I am Lord, send me.”

Lord, You call each of us to do Your will.
Give us the faith and strength to answer.
Your will, not mine, be done.

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment