Saturday, February 16, 2019


Which Way Am I To Go?

   “But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.” (John 14: 26).

   I’ve asked the Lord many times what He wants of me.  What His plans are for me; what path am I to follow?  How am I to know if He doesn’t tell me?  What are the signs I should look for to ensure that I am on the right path?

   Through prayer I’ve begun to understand that the way I am to know is within me already.  The Holy Spirit has been given to me that I may know His direction.  If I’m not hearing Him or seeing the signs, perhaps I’m not listening and watching as closely as I should.  Too many times I think the cares of this world intrude into the lessons and directions of the Spirit, clouding the guidance that is there for me.

   In the quiet solitude of my soul the Spirit of the Lord is there, waiting to help me see the path I should walk.  The Holy Spirit will teach me and help me better understand the ways of God if I will only allow it.  However, I must first put myself into His hands and seek the guidance of the Spirit.  I must follow His way rather than choosing my own path simply hoping it is the right one.

   It’s not easy to put oneself aside and rely on another yet that is what I must do if I am to follow the Lord.  I can’t allow earthly concerns and desires to interfere with the guidance of the Lord and His word.  I am no more than an exile in a dangerous land, unable to find my way.  Only by giving myself to God and listening to the Holy Spirit can I hope to find my way home.

   If I submit myself entirely to the will of God and the guidance of the Holy Spirit I will be led on the path chosen for me.  If my only desire is to do His will and follow His plan for me He will show me the way home.

Father, I give myself to Your will.
Never let earthly concerns cloud my choices.
Send Your Spirit to guide me in all things.
Lead me from exile to my heavenly home.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment