Wednesday, February 27, 2019


In His Service

   It’s incredible to me that the God who created all things, brought the universe and everything in it into being, wants me to serve Him.  There is nothing that He needs and certainly nothing I can give that would increase His glory or splendor.  I am a mere creature in a world awash in sin; a sinner born of sinners.

   Yet He calls me to serve Him.  My service can’t benefit Him in any way so it must be for my sake that He calls me and is pleased when I answer.  My life is enriched and blessed by devotion to God and His will for me.  There is no other path to heaven except by God’s grace, love and forgiveness.

   I have nothing to offer Him except myself; my will and my desire to serve Him.  I am reminded that the smallest of gifts can become miraculous in the hands of the Lord.  A few loaves and fishes fed thousands when Jesus blessed them and distributed them.  I pray that whatever small contribution I may be able to make may be magnified by His glory and serve to increase His kingdom on earth.

   Even the temptations and urging of Satan are in some ways a blessing to those who serve the Lord.  Those who have rejected God and refused His love already belong to the evil one.  It is only those who strive to serve Him that the devil needs to tempt; if he can turn one from God he has achieved a victory for evil.

   God calls me for His purpose.  Though I may not fully know His will for me it has been known to Him since the beginning of time.  He created me and knew me from all time; I was born for a reason.  It is my calling to relinquish my earthly wishes and desires and strive to serve the purpose for which I was born.  I am neither a capable nor qualified servant, but God has used the unqualified and made them capable throughout history.  He will do the same with me if I will allow.

Lord, You created me for a reason.
My life has purpose.
Give me the wisdom to discern my purpose
And the faith to follow wherever it may lead.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment