Sunday, February 24, 2019


He Loves Me

“you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”  (Gen 3: 19)

Who am I that God should love me?  I am a sinful man; a man who does what I should not and fails to do what I should.  Like Adam, I am dust and to dust I shall return.

And yet God does love me.  Regardless of my faults and my failings He loves me.  When I sin and ask forgiveness, He forgives me.  He loves me so much that He sent Jesus Christ to die for me.  I could never pay the price for my sins so the Son of God paid it for me.  On the cross He purchased my salvation.

What does He ask in return?  He asks that I love Him.  I can never love as He loves but He wants my love, flawed though it may be.  He wants me to be His son, He wants me to be adopted into His family, grafted into the vine of Jesus Christ.  He knows that I can never be the man I should be, that I will stumble and fall, but still He loves me and finds joy in my efforts to love and obey Him.

There is no love to compare with His love; a love that can never weaken or fade.  What can I do for Him in return?  I can give Him myself.  Not just part of me but all; not just on Sunday but every day.  I can die to self and live for Christ.  I can love Him to the best of my ability and pray for the faith that will help me love Him more.

He loves me.  What a caring, merciful, loving God is my God.  I am greatly blessed.

Lord Your love for me is unending.
Through all my faults it endures.
My heart is overwhelmed
With praise and thanksgiving.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment