Sunday, February 14, 2021

 Let Me See 

   “Jesus asked him, ‘What do you want me to do for you?’  He replied, ‘Lord, please let me see.’  Jesus told him, ‘Have sight, your faith has saved you.’  He immediately received his sight and followed him, giving glory to God” (Luke 18: 41 – 43) 

   Blindness doesn’t always mean a loss of sight.  It can also imply a blindness of heart, a blindness to truth.  Jesus healed many of their physical blindness, but I believe the scripture above indicates that, in this case, the man was healed not only physically, but spiritually.  Hence, he followed Jesus, giving glory to God.  His faith in Christ enabled him to see but also to see the truth of Jesus as the Messiah.

   Much of society has become blind to the ways of the Lord.  Even in the church there are many who have lost sight of what’s truly important.  There needs to be an awakening of the spirit to restore the sight of all who have become blind to God and His will in their life.  I pray that it comes soon.

  As Christians we all have the responsibility to do all we can to clearly see the will of the Father in our lives.  When we allow personal desires and the false gods of this world to become too important, we too become blind.  We to need to pray that Jesus will let us see what truly matters.

   I pray that Jesus lets me see, that I never lose sight of Him.  That He will increase my faith and love, giving me the peace of knowing Him in all things, following Him and giving praise to God. 

Let me see the wonder of creation.

Help me to see the love and mercy You have for me.

Let me see Your majesty in all things.

Give me sight to follow You, giving praise to God. 

Amen

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment