Wednesday, February 24, 2021

 His Plans for Us 

   “’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” (Jeremiah 29: 11 – 13) 

   The more I reflect on God and the world today the more I understand that He cannot be understood.  I don’t know why some people suffer and others do not.  I can’t grasp why some of the most evil people succeed in life while others who are full of piety and faith do not.

   The answer is also not understandable; God’s plans do not conform to earthly standards.  He does not see the world as I do, one day, one minute at a time.  For God it is all one mosaic, a creation of His own design.  It’s not up to me to determine why things are the way the are but to believe that God is in charge.

   I look at the passion and crucifixion of our Lord, Jesus Christ.  Why was it necessary?  Could He not have been accepted by the Israelites and recognized as the awaited Messiah?  Of course, but that was not the plan of salvation.  It was necessary that our sins be expiated.  Because of our sinfulness we are unable to atone, so Jesus paid the price for us.  Out of arguably the greatest evil ever committed came salvation.

   I’ve given up trying to understand all that is happening in the world, instead placing it in God’s hands.  To do otherwise is of no use and only brings frustration and disappointment.  I must, as God has said, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” (Ps 46: 10). 

Your plans are perfect

Though I don’t understand.

I trust in the wonder of You.

I trust in You. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment