Tuesday, February 16, 2021

 The Journey Home 

   “My soul thirsts for God, the living God.  When can I enter and see the face of God?” (Psalm 42: 3) 

   I spent many years in the Navy.  When deployed away from home I made the best of it and many times enjoyed the experience.  But I always knew where my home was.  It was where my wife and family were, waiting for me.

   The same is true of my spiritual life.  There is much in this world to enjoy and to be thankful for, the love of family and friends, the beauty of nature, the glory of creation.  Still, this world is not my home.  Home is where He is, waiting for me.

   I am a wanderer in a foreign land knowing there is something greater.  I often wonder when my earthly journey will be over.  God is always present within me, but I look forward to the day when I will enter into His presence in eternity.  I do not wish to hurry death, only that I anticipate the joy of eternity with Him.

   God alone will determine when this journey reaches its’ end.  Until then I will continue my earthly trek, always knowing that I will never be at home until I am at rest in Him. 

This journey can be joyful.

It can also be difficult.

But journeys come to an end.

May my journey end in the presence of God. 

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment