Sunday, February 7, 2021

 Maintaining the Peace 

   I treasure God’s gift of peace.  I’m not talking about peace in earthly terms, but peace of mind, peace of heart, and peace of soul.  To me this is one of God’s greatest gifts and I thank Him for it always.

   I also believe that Satan attacks the things we treasure most, so he will do anything to rob us of the peace of God.  It is up to us to resist those assaults and maintain our Christian peace.  That isn’t always easy in a world of sin and evil but with God all things are possible.

   At the last supper, shortly before His betrayal, passion, and death, Jesus told His apostles, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give it to you.  Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.” (John 14: 27).  The peace Jesus gives is not what we think of as peace in the world.  It is a peace in knowing that He has overcome death, He has won the war against evil, and He will come again in glory.

   There have been and will continue to be many battles before our Lord comes again.  The evil one will not stop tempting us to sin, trying to steal our peace.  The fight will be difficult, seeming almost impossible at times, but we have Christ on our side, He will protect us in all things.  He has promised, “And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.” (Matt 28: 20).

   The peace of God is a beautiful treasure that makes life better and more joyful.  We can fight, with His help, to maintain that peace or we can fall victim to Satan’s evil plans to steal it from us. 

Thank You for the peace You give.

Let us never allow Satan to take it from us.

Strengthen us to always call upon Your name.

Protect us from the evil one. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment