Friday, March 5, 2021

 God’s Direction 

   Each day when I sit down to begin writing this blog I need something to write about.  Most days there is something I’ve read or heard that prompts me.  However, some days I struggle; I can’t come up with the words.  It is on these days that I find God’s direction most present in my life.

   It always amazes me that when I am at a lost God is not.  He has a plan and there is something He wants me to share.  When it’s not obvious to me I sometimes simply begin to write and let the words flow, not sure of where they will lead.  Incredibly, they almost always lead to what I come to realize is what He wants me to write.

   I used to struggle each day if I didn’t know exactly what to write about.  I would search scripture, the gospels, the psalms, the prophets to see if anything came to me.  I would review the daily Mass readings, remembering what the priest spoke of in His homily.  In other words, I was grasping at straws rather than turning it over to God.  I’ve learned that when I don’t know, He does.  Therefore, I need to shut up, be quiet and listen, trusting that He will lead me.

   I can think of no other way that I could continue to write each day, I’m not that smart or knowledgeable.  I can’t begin to count the times I’ve had no idea what to say and yet somehow it comes to me.  It humbles me and makes me realize that even when the words come easy, they aren’t mine but are the ones He would have me share.  I give all credit to God for allowing me to continue writing day after day.

   I am so blessed that God cares and helps me to share a little each day.  Perhaps on the days when I struggle there is something God wants me to share; perhaps there is someone, somewhere He wants these ramblings to speak to.  I pray that it is so. 

When I struggle You come to me.

When I’m unsure You give me strength.

I give my heart, and soul to You.

Use me to Your will. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment