Monday, March 1, 2021

 Out of This World 

   I spent the last four days on what might be called a retreat of sorts.  I had very little contact with the outside world, no access to my computer and limited access to other forms of communication.

   What, for some, might have been a miserable four days was for me a blessing.  By being “off the grid” for a few days, I experienced a period of closeness to my Lord that is rare and very much to be desired.  I prayed, we talked, and I spent a lot of time in silence listening.

   Much of my time was spent alone, just me and my God.  As much as I love my family and my friends, I enjoyed the opportunity to be alone with Him, to just be aware of His presence within me.  Even during the night, if I woke up, I would return to prayer and communion with the Lord.

   Due to the nature of this “retreat”, which was a hospital stay, I would not recommend it to others, and would not voluntarily repeat it.  But a retreat away from the daily activities of the world is a good thing.  I believe everyone needs some time away from the world to grow in the Lord.  Even though this was certainly not what most would consider a retreat, it still offered me solitude with Him.

   I am grateful to Him for this time together.  I am also grateful to Him for the return of my health with no lasting effects.  Most of all I am grateful for His presence in my life; for His love and mercy; for the forgiveness of my sins.  “I will praise the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God all my life long.” (Psalm 146: 2). 

I thank You Lord.

For Your love, mercy and forgiveness.

For the many blessings You have given me.

For your presence within me. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment