Monday, March 15, 2021

 The Sins I Commit 

  “Against you, you alone, have I sinned; what is evil in your sight, I have done.” (Psalm 51: 6)    

   I know that I’ve sinned against my Lord and, sadly, will continue to do so.  Not because I want to but because I am a fallen creature, one who is not strong enough to reject all the temptations of Satan.  This is one of the things that I struggle with most of all; the fact that I cannot be free from sin.

   I spend quite a bit of time in the Adoration Chapel before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.  I thank Him for the sacrifice He made that I might have eternal life and I beg forgiveness for the times I’ve offended Him by my sins.  I tell Him that my desire in life is to never sin again.  I know it’s not an attainable goal, but I am sincere in my desire and I can only hope that it is pleasing to Him.

   “Wash me completely from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.” (Psalm 51: 4)   This is the promise of the cross, the sacrifice that He made to pay the price for my sins.  He will wash me and cleanse me; that is why He became man, to offer me and the world the opportunity of eternal life with Him.  In my sin I disappoint, in His love He forgives.

   “My sacrifice to God, a broken spirit: a broken and humbled heart you will not spurn, O God.  (Psalm 51: 19).  This is the sacrifice God desires, a heart that is humble, a heart that sorrows for the wrongs I have done. 

Lord, break my heart, humble my spirit.

Give me desire only for You and Your will.

Make my heart belong to You.

Let me serve You in all I do. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment