Monday, March 8, 2021

 Living for God 

   “For to me life is Christ, and death is gain.”  (1 Cor 1: 20). 

   This is the mantra by which I should live my life.  While in this life I must focus on His will for me, recognizing that my goal is eternal life in His presence.

   It seems the older I get the more I look forward to the time when I can come before God and enter eternity.  I certainly am not wishing for death; God has a plan for my life and I will do my best to follow His plan.  When He decides to call me home, I pray that I will have lived my life in His will to the best of my ability.  No matter how much longer He gives me on this earth I am unafraid of death because of my faith in Him.

   Jesus presented me with the attitude I need in to have my life.  In the Garden of Gethsemane He prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet, not as I will, but as you will.” (Matt 26: 39).  I will suffer to some extent in this world just as our Savior did.  When that suffering comes, I must look to Jesus and the suffering He endured to offer me eternal life in His presence.  I must follow His example and accept what suffering may come.

   On the cross, He again taught me by saying, “Father into your hands, I commend my spirit; and when he had said this, he breathed his last.” (Luke 23: 46).  By doing my best to live according to His will I am confident in saying, “Into Your hands I commend my spirit.” 

Father, I long to be in Your presence.

I want to spend eternity with You.

May I live my life according to Your will.

May I rest in You forever. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment