Friday, January 14, 2022

 Offering All to Jesus 

   Each day is different.  Some are better than others, some are incredibly better than others.  However, there are also those days that knock us to the ground.  Whether it be illness or a tragedy in our life those are the days when it is most important to go to the Lord in prayer.

   I always take the time to thank God for the many blessings He has given me, but it’s somehow easy to “forget” those thanks on the bad days, on the days that seem full of disappointment, sorrow, or even illness.  Yet each day is a blessing and is an opportunity to grow in my love and trust in God.

   The Catholic Church encourages us to “offer up” our sorrows, our pains and such to the Lord.  As a convert to Catholicism I struggled with that teaching for many years.  Finally, I believe I have some understanding of what it truly means.

   Even in the darkest of times God is still with me, though sometimes it seems He has left me on my own.  Our Lord will never leave me on my own and this is why it’s to my benefit to give thanks even for those days I wish I could pass by.

He suffered for me in His life, His passion, and His death.  His love knows no limits.  On the cross He promised the good thief that he would be with Him in paradise that day.  His promises to me are no different; when this life is over He will come and take me to Himself.

   When I offer my pains and sorrows to Jesus He is giving me the grace to partake, even in the smallest manner, to the suffering He endured for me.  It sounds strange, but sometimes the desperate times are the ones that bring me closest to Him. 

There is no hope but in You.

Even in the bad times I keep faith.

You suffered for me, allow me to suffer for You.

Bring me to Yourself when this life is done. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment