Tuesday, January 4, 2022

 Think About God 

   “It is not by business to think about myself.  My business is to think about God.  It is for God to think about me.  That is when listening begins.” (Simone Weil) 

   “You formed my being; you knit me in my mother’s womb.  I praise you, because I am wonderfully made; wonderful are your works!”  (Psalm 139: 13 – 14).  God has known me from before time began.  There is nothing about me that is unknown to Him.  He planned my birth, He planned my death; He has planned everything about me.  My job is to listen for His word and follow it.

   Even when I wasn’t aware of His presence, He was leading me in so many ways.  As I’ve grown older it has become clear that His will was moving in my life long before I recognized it.  As my faith has deepened, I’ve become far more aware of His presence, and it gives me great joy and peace.  It is right that I should forget self and think of God.

   Forgetting self and thinking of God doesn’t mean that I should just drift along waiting for Him to lead; thinking of God carries responsibilities as well.  It means actively seeking His will, opening my mind and heart to hear Him, and to then respond to His call. 

   My life will end at a time of God’s choosing.  By thinking and worrying about myself I can’t add a single day.  Eternity, however, never ends.  By spending my time thinking of God and seeking His will in my life, I can realize the promises of Christ. 

All is in Your hands.

All is part of Your plan.

Let me die to self.

Let me live in You. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment