Tuesday, May 24, 2022

 Another Day 

   Days come and days go.  Mostly they pass with little notice.  I am conscious of the fact that I’ve seen far more days go than I can expect to see come.  Mortal life is temporary, some live longer than other, but none continue forever.

   Each day also presents new challenges and new opportunities.  Sometimes the trials can be difficult, but with the trial comes the prospect of growing in faith.  Because faith and trust in God is often the only thing that makes surviving them possible.  If I were never tested, how would I continue to grow in my faith in God.  So even the challenges can be a blessing.

   I often consider how much longer the Lord will leave me in this world.  My greatest desire is to go to Him and spend eternity with Him, but I believe there are things He wishes for me to do or experience before that can be realized.  Perhaps I’m not a “ready” as I think, so God allows me to remain here a while longer to better prepare myself for the next life.

   Eternity is one of those things that I can’t understand and yet it is what I wish for.  Forever is a concept that just isn’t a reality in this life.  We speak of it as if we understand, but we really don’t.  Eternity is of God and, like so many things of God, it cannot be understood in this life.  That's why I need faith, to accept those things I can't understand, always trusting in God.

   Each day I reflect on my mortality.  Not because I look forward to or seek death, but to remind myself that it is inevitable, and I need to be ready for it.  Delay could be catastrophic; death can come at any moment.  So, I talk with my Lord many times each day.  I offer myself to Him, asking Him to give me the strength to be the man He created me to be.  I ask that He make me holy that I might spend this thing called eternity with Him.

   As I re-read this blog it seems to be somewhat rambling and maybe even a bit confusing, but then sometimes my life is like that.  It will all make sense when I am finally with my Lord in His heavenly kingdom…..I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment