Tuesday, May 31, 2022

 The Answer 

   I am full of questions, but short on answers.  There is so much more I would like to know about God, but so much of God remains unknown.

   Scripture is much the same.  There is great wisdom to be had but I must know how to find it.  The answer is there to any problem or difficulty I may face, but it is rarely easy to find.  It takes time, it takes effort. Most of all it takes prayer and contemplation.  Even then, however, the answer is not always, or even usually, forthcoming.

   I’ve found that I was not reading scripture as it was intended to be read.  I used to read it as a I would any other book  I would mark the chapters and books to track what I had read, as if it would never need to be read it again.  But scripture isn’t a school lesson to be learned, it is a life to be lived.

   Gone are the days of looking to finish this chapter so I can move on to the next.  There are times when I read only a few words and then stop because those few words hold the answer to something I have been looking for or perhaps a lesson I need to consider at length.  What’s truly amazing is that I may get an entirely different message the next time I read those same words.

   Though written thousands of years ago, scripture is as new today as the day it was written.  I believe this is what is meant by the fact that scripture is divinely inspired.  I am convinced that scripture lives, it blesses those who read it prayerfully in one way today and another tomorrow.  It never changes but is never the same.

   Scripture was written by humans but authored by God.  He has given us the answers, but it’s up to us to find them.  When I approach scripture prayerfully, with an open heart, the answers can be found. God hides nothing from us, but He wants us to come to Him and to scripture in prayer, seeking the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment