Sunday, May 29, 2022

 The Symphony of Life 

   I’ve come to believe that my life can be compared to a symphony.  It is a masterpiece written by the Heavenly Maestro, God.  He also desires to conduct the symphony, but I must participate if it is to be complete.

   The concept of my life as a classical piece of music surprised me since I have no musical talent beyond playing a stereo.  I have often wished to become proficient in playing an instrument, any instrument, but it just isn’t what God had in mind for me.  To consider my life a symphony is a stretch but somehow it appeals to me.

   Not only is my life a musical score written by God, but I am to play first chair; to study closely the music as it has been written and to play my part with the greatest skill I can muster.  I must believe that my Maker will give me the grace to play my part as He has written it if I will trust in Him.

   But my symphony can be a disaster as well.  Should I decide that I am simply not good enough to play the music and refuse to try, the melody cannot be played.  I may also just choose not to join the orchestra at all; to sit it out and let them go on without me.  Of course, should I choose either of these options the symphony of my life will become chaotic and without purpose.

   God will give me the talent needed to play in my symphony even though I may be unaware.  He will teach me what is needed to complete the work.  But He will never force me to listen or to learn; He will only teach if I will listen.

   I love music even though I’m not musically talented.  I want to play first chair in the symphony God has written as my life so I will listen, I will learn, and I will follow the guidance of the Divine Maestro as He leads me through the opus of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment