Thursday, May 26, 2022

 Blue Skies and Cloudy Days 

   On a clear day we see the sun quite clearly.  We can feel it’s heat on our skin, we can watch as it makes its course from sunrise to sunset.  When it’s cloudy the sun is hidden from view.  We may catch a glimpse of it through the clouds occasionally but maybe not even that.  And yet the sun is always there whether we can see it or not.  Brightly shining on a clear day or hidden by the clouds, its presence is always with us.

   I find my relationship with Jesus to be somewhat similar.  There are days we His light shines so brightly in my life while on other the light is muted as if by clouds.  But just as the sun remains whether I can see it or not, the Son of God remains, even on the days when I feel I’m living in cloudy mist of confusion.

   I love the bright days with my Lord.  It’s so wonderful to clearly recognize Him in my life and to bask in the glow of His love and mercy.  Everything seems to be right with the world and any crosses I may need to bear are lighter.  These days are filled with thanksgiving and wonder at all God has done for me.

   The cloudy days are a tremendous blessing as well.  Those are the days when I open the scripture or a good book and spend more quiet time with the Lord.  When His light isn’t shining as brightly I find myself searching for Him, which is a good thing.  He is always there and will always remain.

   The sun is constant.  Whether I can see it or not, whether it is day or night, it is always there.  Jesus also is constant.  When I feel apart from Him, it is my weaknesses that have brought the clouds and it is my search for Him that brings the Light of God.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment