Saturday, May 28, 2022

 Imaginings 

   “I can only imagine when all I will do is forever, forever worship you.  (“I Can Only Imagine”, Lyrics by Bart Millard) 

   I spend a lot of time imagining and contemplating what heaven will be like.  I can never fully grasp what heaven is going to be until I get there, but I find peace and comfort in considering all that it might be.

   I imagine a love that knows no beginning and no end.  A joy that is eternal with never a sad moment.  A time with no pain, no disease, no trials or crosses to bear.  A place of pure happiness with my Lord.

   Ah, but the details are the problem.  Will I rejoin my wife?  If not how will I know happiness?  Will the things I’ve considered and thought about in this life even matter?  Is heaven perhaps a totally new beginning, a fresh start where all the thoughts and concerns of this world no longer exist, even in memory?  Will I even have memory of this life?  I don’t know, but I try my best to live my life so that I will know this new experience when my time on earth is done.

   Jesus has promised that He will come and take those who love Him to Himself when this life is over.  Until then I will continue to imagine, longing to see and to know “What eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, and what has not entered into the human heart, what God has prepared for those who love him. (1 Cor 2: 9)”.

 

   “The one who guarantees these revelations repeats his promise:  I shall indeed be with you soon.  Amen; come Lord Jesus.” (Rev 22: 20)

No comments:

Post a Comment