Friday, May 6, 2022

 The Right to be Faithful 

   I hear many people taking about the situation in this nation and around the world and I hear very little hope in their voices.  Most seem to think it is worse than it has been in a very long time and getting even more so.  I hear very little optimism or hope for our future.

   The very first words of the first amendment to the U.S. Constitution are, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;”.  These words are being ignored or, at best, politically “shaded” to achieve a desired suppression of religion.

   I have no intention of demanding that anyone join a church or practice religion of any kind.  All I ask is that I am afforded the right guaranteed in the Constitution to the free practice of my religion.  Unfortunately, most of those who are against religion are also against those who practice it.

   A nation that turns it’s back on God will not long survive.  They should never demand anyone follow any religion.  But neither should anyone who believes be subjected to reprisals and persecutions because of their faith.

   I pray that this nation and many others in the world learn this lesson before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment