Wednesday, May 18, 2022

 His Will 

   As a Christian I want to live my life according to the will of God.  I want to become the man he created me to be.  I want to be made holy, a saint.  If I am to be successful it is necessary to live for Him, not for me.

   Yet, I’m never quite confident of whether I’m following His will.  I think so, I try to, but I still wonder sometimes if I am truly doing as He would have me do.  I really wish He would just tell me exactly what I am to do.  But that isn’t going to happen.

   It seems to me that I am more conscious of His will when I stray than when I feel I am walking the right path.  I feel a discomfort or lack of peace when I sense that I am somehow not on the right path.  This is a blessing because it makes me sit down and take stock of where I am and what I’m doing in my walk of faith.  It forces me to look deep inside to see what is amiss. 

  I find it easier to see God’s will in my life by looking back and seeing the times His hand has been upon me, guiding me in the decisions I’ve made, even though I didn’t know it at the time.  Decisions I thought were mine alone were clearly influenced by the will of God.

   Each evening I try to take a few minutes to look back over the day to acknowledge the many blessings He has given me that day.  I’m amazed at the number of blessings I take for granted, never really taking the time to acknowledge God’s great love for me.

   I also consider the times that I may have failed to follow His will as I should.  The failures are what drive me to try to do better tomorrow.  Knowing that I can never avoid sin completely reminds me again of His great love and mercy.  Even in my sinfulness He loves me and will forgive.

   I will continue to try my best to live for God rather than self.  My desire is to be His and His alone.  I know I will sometimes fail but I trust that God is pleased by my efforts and will forgive and strengthen me to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment