Thursday, August 25, 2022

 All-knowing God 

   “O Lord, you search me and you know me.  You yourself know my resting and my rising; you discern my thoughts from afar.  You mark when I walk or lie down; you know all my ways through and through  Before ever a word is on my tongue, you know it, O Lord, through and through.” (Psalm 139: 1 – 4) 

   Children learn very quickly that they get in trouble when doing something they they should be doing.  So they try to do those things when Mom and Dad aren’t watching, hoping not to get caught.

   As we grow older we change in many ways, but we will always remember that we should do in secret what we don’t want others to know about.  It would be absurd for a con artist to be open and above board when they are cheated someone out of their money.  No spouse openly meets with their secret lover; they meet on the sly, in out of the way places, hoping their adultery will not be discovered.

   However, no matter how we to try to hide, there is always one who knows our words, our thoughts, and our actions.  God is with us always, there is nothing that can be hidden from Him.  He knows our deepest thoughts and desires, all we do is open to Him.

   God doesn’t see our sins, He doesn’t know our evil thoughts in order condemn us; if we are condemned it is because of our own actions, because we have chosen to reject Him.  God wants no one to perish, He wants all to be saved.  He sees, He knows, and He wants us to turn to Him so that He can forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment