Wednesday, August 3, 2022

 From Darkness into Light 

   I often see the sunrise on my morning walk.  I love watching as the sky begins to lighten in the east, the rising sun pushing away the darkness of night.  As I walked this morning I came to realize that we need sunrise (Son Rise) in our lives as well to chase away the darkness.

   When I first begin my walk it is dark.  I see very little and what I do see is shadowed and indistinct.  As the sun begins to rise things become clearer and I can more easily see where I am going.  If I wander off the path I can see to get back to it.

   I need this in my life.  I need for my Lord to shine His light on me, and to take away any darkness that might be within.  Just as the sun lights the world, allowing me to better see the majesty of God’s creation, the light of Jesus shines a light on my soul, showing me the path to heaven.  Without His light I can easily stray from the right path, unable to clearly see where I’m going or how to find my way back to Him.

   This world has already been judged.  Saint John tells us, “And this is the verdict, that the light came into the world, but people preferred darkness to light, because their works were evil.” (John 3: 19).  But we can choose to walk in the light of Christ and vanquish the darkness of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment