Tuesday, August 16, 2022

 Live for Today 

   “As to the past let us entrust it to God’s mercy, the future to Divine Providence.  Our task is to live holy the present moment.”  St. Gianna Molla 

   I find myself thinking of the past quite often, there are so many happy memories to relive.  I sometimes think I could just sit all day, remembering and losing myself in those memories.

   There are, however, other memories that come to mind.  Memories of sadness and sorrow, of things gone wrong with no way to fix them.  There are also the memories of past sins, sins long forgiven that still come to mind, still causing pain and regrets.

   I find that I rarely think of the future, not because I don’t care but simply because I have no control over it.  There are always things that need to be planned for or they are forgotten and never get done, but the future is largely out of my hands.  My hopes and plans for the future I tend to leave in God’s hands since He is the only one who knows what it will be.

   That leaves living for today, which is really all I can do anyway.  I can’t change the past, and the future is uncertain at best.  To live my life for this moment, to seek God’s will for me is without doubt the best use of my time and efforts.  By living for Him today, I can hope to live with Him in His heavenly kingdom, where there is no past, no future, but only the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment