Friday, August 5, 2022

 God’s Plan for Us 

“For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.” (Jeremiah 29: 11) 

   I used to get upset with all that is happening in the world.  I asked why would God allow such things to happen?  Why does He not put a stop to it and bring His plans to fruition? 

   What I’ve come to understand is that we are the stumbling blocks to His plan.  We have the ability to say “No” to God.  We can reject His plan for us and by extension for the world.  His ways are perfect, but we are imperfect; we deny His truths and His ways.  We look to the world for joy and satisfaction that will never be complete and will never last, all the while turning away from the eternal happiness of God’s kingdom.

   There is one thing that is certain.  On the day and time of His choosing He will bring His plan to its perfect completion.  Evil will be eliminated and good will rule.  The wheat will separated from the chaff.  The chaff will be discarded and burned, the wheat gathered into His kingdom.

   “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts.  See if there is any wicked way in me and lead me in the way of everlasting.” (Psalm 139: 23).  If we open our heart to Him and accept His plan for us He will remove the evil that may be within and replace it with love for Him and for neighbor.  When we give God full rein, accepting His plan for us, the woes of the world fade and we see eternity opening up before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment