Sunday, August 7, 2022

 On Trial 

   The year is 2030.  Christianity has become illegal in the United States.  All Churches have been shut down and destroyed, replaced by abortion and euthanasia clinics.

   Suddenly your door is smashed in, and you find yourself surrounded by the police with guns drawn.  You are told that you are under arrest on suspicion of being a Christian.  You are pushed up against a wall, searched for crosses, crucifixes, or other Christian items.  Hand-cuffed, you are physically dragged from your home as your neighbors look on in disgust.  They had no idea there was an actual believer in Christ living among them.

   A long, well-publicized trial is in the works.  The government's plan is to convict you and publicly execute you as a warning to others.  They are searching for any evidence that would prove your Christianity.  Witnesses are being sought to testify against you in court.  If they can find none, they will have to release you for lack of evidence.  They will have to assume that you are not a Christian. 

   The questions we must ask of ourselves are these:  If I were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict me?  Does the way I live my life testify to my Christianity?  Does my family see Christ in me?  Are my friends and co-workers aware of my faith?  Most importantly, does Jesus know of my faith in Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment