Sunday, August 28, 2022

 Who’s the Boss? 

   “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  No one can come to the Father except through me.” (John 14: 6) 

   “Who’s the boss?”  Whenever this question was asked, my young granddaughter would immediately respond, “I’m the boss!” 

   I believe that attitude is in large part what is destroying our society today.  Everyone thinks and acts as if they are the boss.  In a child of 3 or 4 it was “cute”, and everyone laughed, but as an adult it is very destructive.  It can destroy lives and societies.

   There are some who have the attitude that they can do whatever they want whenever they want, that no one has the right to tell them what is right or wrong.  They believe they can decide for themselves what is good and what is evil.  I doubt they have the slightest idea of evil truly is, but they think they can decide right from wrong.

   “I’m the boss, I decide what is true and what is not!”  If they disagree with someone, the other person must be wrong.  And if they wish to change that truth tomorrow they can.  If someone disagrees they are considered ignorant fools deserving of nothing but ridicule.  Others may believe in their truth if they want, but they can never impose it on me.

   Jesus said, “If you make my word your home, you will indeed be my disciples, and you will learn the truth, and the truth will make you free.” (John 8: 31 – 32).  How sad to think of the number of people who are condemning themselves to eternal damnation by their refusal to recognize that there is only one source of truth; and it isn’t them.

No comments:

Post a Comment