Tuesday, August 30, 2022

 The Search 

   “Set  your hearts on his kingdom first, and on his righteousness, and all these other things will be given as well.  So do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself.” (Matt 6: 33 – 34) 

   Life is all about searching.  Even as young children we are searching, searching for our favorite toy or food, searching for Mom when we’re hurt or not feeling well.  As we grow older what we are searching for changes, some for the good, others not so much.

   During my life I, like most everyone, have spent far too much time searching for the wrong things.  This world offers what appear to be many good things and it’s so easy to get wrapped up in trying to get what society says we should want.   Even our so-called “needs” are defined by the culture in which we live, a culture that is largely anti-God and getting more so every day.

   After far too long I finally realized that there is only one thing that I need in life, my Lord Jesus Christ.  All else is secondary.  I need food and shelter to maintain life and I have them.  Yes, God does provide.

   I need love and the love that my wife and I shared in this lifetime is still with me and will remain throughout eternity.  The love we have is a love between the two of us and God.  It is Only in God that such a love can be found.

   There are so many things that we can search for in this life, but God is the One we should be searching for in all things.  In Him we will find all that we need.   

No comments:

Post a Comment