Thursday, March 30, 2023

 A Wonderful World 

   “I see skies of blue and clouds of white.  The blessed bright day, the dark sacred night.  And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.”  (“What a Wonderful World”, lyrics by Louis Armstrong) 

   Negativism is a disease, and it is very contagious.  Too often I find myself guilty of overlooking the beauty and seeing nothing but the ugly.  In truth, it really is a wonderful world.  It is full of God’s majesty and His creative beauty.

   “God saw all he had made, and indeed it was very good.” (Gen 1: 31). To overcome evil we must turn to God and trust in Him.  We have to reject Satan’s urging to see only the evil and ugliness in the world.  We must see the beauty of this world and the beauty within each of us as children of God.   

   No doubt there is evil in the world, we see it everywhere we look.  But the good is still there if we will just open our eyes and look for it.  The problem is we allow ourselves to become jaded and pessimistic.  We start to believe the lie that evil is winning and there is nothing we can do about it.  While we may not be able to change the world, we can change our outlook and find peace within.

   Negativity infects us all at times and I am no exception.  It can be difficult to avoid focusing on the evil that appears to dominate the world.  We sometimes have to look very hard to see how wonderful this world really is.  I pray that I can take my own advice and focus on what is good and leave the rest in God’s hands.  Regardless of how bad it may seem, in the end, He wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment