Wednesday, March 22, 2023

 The Most Important Choice 

   Atheists claim there is no God and by extension I would assume they also do not believe in an eternal soul.  It must be hard to be an atheist.  They can never consider if their choice might be the wrong one.  If they question, they must consider that God may exist which makes them agnostic, not atheist.

   The same inability to wonder and even question things of God does not apply to the Christian.  I can, and sometimes do, wonder at the purpose of God’s will and how it is implemented in my life.  I never question His love, or His will to make me holy and bring me to His heavenly kingdom, but sometimes I question the methods.  Yet I never doubt that His purpose is always for my good; to bring me even closer to Him.

   Each of us makes a choice in life.  We bet our soul on our decision about God.  I suppose a true atheist has no issue with this since they must believe that everything ends at death.  In their mind there is no eternity to concern them.  Life is all there is and then it ends.

   Christians on the other hand believe that death is simply a passing from this life to the next.  We believe that the way we live this life will determine whether we spend eternity in heaven or hell.  Even when we are confused and wondering we never doubt that all is in God’s hands, and all will be done according to His will.  His love and His mercy are never questioned.

   One thing that is true for all; choices have consequences.  If I am wrong I’ve lost nothing, I’ve spent my life trying to love others and, with the grace of God, to do some good in this world and gain heaven.  However, if the atheist is wrong they’ve lost the very soul they don’t believe in.  At death all they may have gained in life is gone and all eternity holds is sorrow and agony.

No comments:

Post a Comment