Tuesday, March 14, 2023

 Love One Another 

   “This is my commandment; love one another, as I have loved you.  A man can have no greater love than to lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15: 12 - 13) 

   Jesus spoke these words to His apostles at the last supper.  He says the same to us today.  The words of Christ are not just something said to a few thousands of years ago.  Their truth, their meaning does not change with time.

   These words of Christ were a commandment, not just something I should do but something I must do.  If I am to obey His command, I must love my neighbor and I must love them as Jesus has and continues to love me.

   The love of Jesus is eternal and unconditional.  His love led Him to live a life of rejection, betrayal, pain and suffering.  He willingly and lovingly accepted the horrible death of crucifixion for me, to offer me redemption and forgiveness.  This is the kind of love with which I am to love others.

   The words Christ spoke are living words.  They are just as relevant, just as essential to us today as they were when He first said them.  Jesus, and the truths He taught, is the same today and will remain the same for all eternity.  I must strive to live by His truths in all that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment