Friday, March 10, 2023

 Living For Each Day 

   “So, do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.” (Matt 6: 34) 

   I try to look at each day as a gift from God.  Whether it be filled with blessings or with troubles and worries doesn’t really matter; it is accepting the will of God that matters.

   Yet, sinner or saint, we all have troubles virtually every day.  Even the greatest of saints were not immune and I’m certainly not saintly, though I hope that with God’s grace to become one.  The point is no one is exempt from the troubles of life.  If we are to accept God’s will we must accept the bad as well as the good.  We must somehow reconcile that mystery, one that is beyond our human understanding.

   The troubles of this world lead me to better understand my own weaknesses, that I can do nothing without God.  They also teach me humility by the fact that there is no resolution except through His love and mercy.  They remind me that this world, with its evil and sin is not my home, I am in exile here until I can go to my true home in God’s heavenly kingdom.

   I also believe that my pain and suffering can come to some good.  When I look at the troubles, the pain and suffering Jesus endured I see that through those evils came the greatest good of all, redemption and eternal life for those who would believe; death was overcome.  Perhaps by offering my troubles, my pains to Christ they can somehow be used by Him to benefit mankind in some way that I will never know in this lifetime.

   So, I try to focus on each day as it comes, accepting the bad with the good, trusting that all is in God’s hands, and all will eventually lead me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment