Sunday, March 12, 2023

 The Will of God 

   “And the world and its desire are passing away, but those who do the will of God live forever." (1 John 2: 17) 

   I believe that following God’s will means looking to each day as a gift from Him and recognizing that whatever comes that day is His will.  I may not always understand it, but I must trust in His wisdom and not try to outguess His purpose.

   Understanding the will of God can be difficult.  I see everything through the eyes of a man, but God’s will is so far beyond my understanding as to be nearly impossible to know.  Still, following His will is what I must do, even when I can't understand.  If I open my heart and turn from self to seek God He will lead me even when I am not aware of being led.

   “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55: 8 – 9).  His ways are often far beyond my ability to grasp.  Trying to reconcile how pain and suffering may, at times, be His will for me is difficult.  But I must accept that it is and that His purpose is always for my good.

   Whether this day brings joy or sorrow, good health or bad, blessings or woes, it is all part of the will of God.  It is all intended to in some way bring me nearer to Him.  It’s not necessary that I always understand, only that I accept and follow the will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment