Friday, March 3, 2023

 The Peace of Christ 

   “Peace I bequeath to you, my own peace I give you, a peace the world cannot give, this is my gift to you.  Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.” (John 14: 27) 

   When I begin to feel a lack of peace in my heart I know that I’ve allowed something to interfere with the peace that Christ has given me.  It’s time to stop and regroup; to put my spiritual house in order and understand what is truly important.

   The world destroys peace; it has done so consistently throughout history.  Greed, hatred and all the sins of humanity create an environment of war in this world.  Even when there is no physical war, which is rare, there still remains the hatred and distrust between peoples and nations.  It is not meant to be that way.

   This world is a fallen, sinful place.  A place where God is more and more not welcomed but pushed aside.  In a world that refuses to acknowledge God and His truth there can never be peace.  To expect otherwise is foolishness.

   If I have Christ in my heart and in my soul the world can never steal my peace.  The peace of Christ is everlasting and overcomes the world and all the evil that is within it.

No comments:

Post a Comment